This chilled soup recipe is a delight: rich, creamy and delicious! Please take note that it must be prepared ahead and chilled for at least 4 hours. Also do not substitute low-fat or reduced-fat products for the full fat ones.
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2½ cups cold chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 large ripe avocados, halved, seeded, peeled, mashed
- salt, freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 ear fresh corn
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- extra-virgin olive oil
- cracked black pepper
- chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
Makes 8-10 servings.
- Place soup ingredients in a blender in the order listed. Milk first, salt and pepper last.
- Puree until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- For the relish, roast corn (husk and all) in a 350-degree oven for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Husk and remove silk. Cut kernels from the cob and toss with red bell pepper.
- To serve, ladle soup into 10 chilled soup bowls or cups.
- Place about a teaspoon of the relish into the center of each serving of soup.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with cilantro or parsley and black pepper.
Source: Chef Jamie Samford, executive chef at Stonebridge Country Club.