The annual BIND Open House is scheduled for Wednesday, May 4 from 2 to 6 p.m. at our location at 1408 Gables Court, Suite 2, in Plano, Texas. We encourage Plano residents and businesses to join us, the “best brains in the business,” to meet our members, take a tour, and learn how they can promote success for brain injury survivors in our shared community.
What is BIND: Brain Injury Network of Dallas?
The Brain Injury Network of Dallas, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, operates the only Brain Injury Clubhouse in the state of Texas. Designed to facilitate maximum independence in the community, the Clubhouse program was opened in February 2015 and offers brain injury survivors a supportive environment to practice everyday functional skills in a true business setting. BIND does not provide therapy or medical care, but does provide a necessary link between therapist-driven care provided from the medical community to survivor-driven goals facilitated within the community.
To provide tools and a bridge of support to adult brain injury survivors so they can reconnect into life, the community and the workplace.
To lead the DFW area in providing member-driven services and will serve as the model for Brain Injury Clubhouses across the state of Texas.
Why are we here?
The Centers for Disease Control estimates that 1.7 million people sustain a traumatic brain injury each year in the US, and 400 cases each day are reported in Texas. There are 800,000 cases of stroke annually in the US and at least 1/3 of stroke survivors are “working age,” under 65. Current data suggests that only 5% of brain injury survivors in Texas receive all the services needed to return to maximum community independence. With regard to employment, the rate of return to work after brain injury without specific intervention is 27%, but with specific intervention the rate of return to work increases to over 64% (Malec 2011).
Can’t make it but want to help? Ask for a copy of our current program Wish List, or RSVP by emailing: email@example.com.
How To Contact BIND
The BIND Website: thebind.org
1408 Gables Court, Suite 2 General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Plano, Texas 75075 Valerie Gotcher, Executive Director
Phone: 972.769.BIND (2463) Email: email@example.com
Fax: 972.769.2464 RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Support BIND
- Donations made by credit card are accepted 24 hours a day on our website, thebind.org, and can also be processed over the phone.
- Checks payable to BIND and mailed to the BIND program are also accepted.
- BIND can also be selected as your charity of choice when making purchases at Kroger grocery stores and online with the Amazon Smiles Foundation.
- BIND participates in North Texas Giving Day annually, which is organized by the Communities Foundation of Texas. Giving Day is scheduled for September 22nd, 2016.
- Our annual fundraising event, The Happy Brain Hour and Silent Auction, is scheduled for Saturday, October 15 at 5 p.m. and will be held at the Plano Marriott at the Shops @ Legacy.