Donna’s Kitchen-Sink Granola! Don’t let the list of ingredients intimidate you, this makes enough for 24 ½-cup servings and keeps in an airtight container for up to a month.
- 5 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- ½ cup each honey & maple syrup
- 1 cup whole almonds
- ¾ cup pecan pieces
- ½ cup each walnuts & slivered almonds
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup each pumpkin seeds & sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- ⅓ cup wheat germ
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ⅔ cup each raisins & dried cranberries
- ½ cup sliced dried apricots
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the oats, honey, maple syrup, nuts, coconut, seeds, wheat germ, and canola oil in a large bowl and toss well. Make sure all the dry ingredients are evenly coated with the moist ones.
- Pour the mixture onto two rimmed baking sheets lightly coated with nonstick spray.
- Place in the oven. Because this mixture tends to brown quickly on the edges, rotate the pans and stir every 5 minutes or so, making sure it doesn’t overbake.
- Remove from oven when it is evenly golden brown, 20-30 minutes.
- Allow the granola to cool and pour it into a large, clean bowl. Add the dried fruit and toss well to mix. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Source: “In a Nutshell, Cooking & Baking with Nuts & Seeds,” by Cara Tannenbaum & Andrea Tutunjian