This recipe is guaranteed to blow you away! For ease in preparation, buy already cubed watermelon cut into smaller pieces.
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons chili sauce with garlic
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 4 (6-oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced seeded watermelon
- ¼ cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced
- fresh cilantro sprigs
- fresh lime wedges
Makes 4 servings.
- To prepare the chicken, combine the first three ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator for one hour, turning bag occasionally.
- To prepare the salsa, combine watermelon and remaining salsa ingredients; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Prepare the grill. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with ¼ teaspoon salt. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from grill; let stand five minutes. Cut chicken diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with salsa. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Source: Cooking Light at myrecipes.com.