During National Farmers Market Week, neighborhoods country-wide will browse their local farmers markets, a perfect summer outing for the whole family and the best way to buy your produce, preserves and more. Now more than ever, farmers markets build communities, promote health and the simple joy of good quality, homegrown food.
According to the Farmers Market Coalition, by the beginning of 2016, there were more than 8,500 farmers markets in the U.S and their numbers are only growing as more people turn to locally sourced foods, supporting local farmers and enjoying themselves while their at it. This year, National Farmers Market Week is tentatively slated for August 7–13. Enjoy shopping locally right here at home Georgia’s on 15th St., Fairview Farmers Market on 75 and Parker, and the Frisco’s Farmers Market. And don’t forget that while National Farmers Market Week comes once a year, Farmers Markets are open beyond this week in August.
Farmers Market Week
When: August 7–13
- Georgia’s Farmers Market
- Open every day, 9 a.m.–6 p.m. (9 a.m–5 p.m., Sunday)
- 916 E 15th St. Plano, TX 75074 | 972.516.4765
- Fairview Farmers Market
- Tuesday–Sunday, 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
- 3312 North Central Expwy. Plano, TX 75074 | 972.422.2500 | fairview-farms.com
- Frisco’s Farmers Market
- Open May 7–October 22 | Every Saturday, 8 a.m.–1 p.m. or Sell Out
- 8821 4th St. Frisco, TX 75034 | friscorotaryfarmersmarket.com