Chance are you’ve never even thought about cooking swordfish at home—too fancy and complicated right? Wrong! It’s actually no more difficult than any other type of fish, and when you tell your guests you’ll be serving swordfish you can guarantee everyone’ll be impressed! On the other hand you might want to keep this recipe for when you’re wanting to impress that special someone!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb Fresh Swordfish (Sold at Sea Breeze Fish Market & Grill)
- 3 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 Onion Frenched
- 2 Garlic Cloves sliced thin
- ¼ cup White Wine
- 1 14 oz Can Diced Tomatoes in Juices
- ¼ tsp Orange Zest
- ½ Cup Kalamata Olives rinsed and halved
- 1 Orange, Supremes and juiced
- On medium high heat, add EVOO and sear each side 20-30 Seconds. Set aside.
- To a “HOT” pan add onions and garlic and let brown, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add white wine and let reduce by half. Add tomatoes, Olives, Zest and juice from orange. Reduce heat and let simmer 5 minutes for flavors to develop
- Add fish back into pan and spoon over mixture, continuing to cook the fish for another 3-4 minutes a side.
- Add orange supremes for garnish and enjoy!!