There are lots of buffalo chicken dip recipes out there, but most call for canned chicken. This one calls for poaching fresh chicken breasts first, which gives this dip a much better flavor and texture.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce, or to taste
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 1 (8-oz.) bottle ranch dressing
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil the chicken breasts in water or chicken broth for 15–20 minutes until cooked.
- Cool, then finely dice or shred and put in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the hot sauce all over the chicken.
- Mix the cream cheese with the ranch dressing and pour over the chicken.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- If desired, garnish with chopped green onions. Makes 5–6 cups.
Tortilla chips or scoops; celery stalks; sliced baguette, or sturdy crackers (like Triscuits).
Source: “Fast & Fabulous Party Foods and Appetizers” by Gwen McKee & Barbara Moseley.