Salmon, potato, cheese? Get ready because this recipe will have you running to the kitchen!
- 12 oz Grilled salmon ( Sold in your Sea Breeze Fish Market)
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 Large Roasted bell Pepper
- ¾ lb Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 cups coarsley grated soft white cheese
- 1 ½ cups half-half
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 small bunch freshly chopped thyme
- Salt and pepper
- ¾ cups panko bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 400 Degrees. Coat all sides of a deep dish baking dish with EVOO.
- Roast red pepper (either on an open flame, bbq grill or coat with oil and put in a 500 degree oven until it is completely black) scrape all the black off the pepper and cut into thin strips.
- Begin to layer the potatoes around the dish, slightly overlapping each other. Sprinkle 1/3 of the time, 1/3 of salmon, 1/3 red pepper and 1/3 cheese. Continue this 2 more times. Saving enough cheese to melt at the end of baking. Combine the flour and half-half. Slowly mixing the flour in and whisking quickly, so the flour does not clump up and leave chunks. Pour atop the potatoes and push down, coving the potaotes.
- Cover with foil and bake 45-50 minutes. When finish take off foil and make sure the potatoes are tender. Turn broiler to high, add remaining cheese and bread crumb. Put back in under the broiler 6-8 inches and brown the bread crumbs, about 3-4 minutes.