We hope you enjoy this recipe for Chicken Dijon. It’s easier than you would imagine!
- 4 large chicken breast halves, deboned, skin on
- 2 tbsp. flour
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tbsp. olive or canola oil
- ¾ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Salt, pepper, to taste
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- rice pilaf or cooked egg noodles
- Dust chicken lightly with flour. Saute on both sides in hot butter and oil until browned. Transfer to a baking dish, skin side up. Cool slightly; spread each piece liberally with mustard on the skin side.
- Saute onion in remaining butter and oil until golden. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender. Add parsley, salt, and pepper. Blend in cream and stir just until heated. Pour over chicken.
- Bake uncovered in 350-degree oven for 30 – 35 minutes or until chicken is tender. Stir in lemon juice. Serve immediately with rice pilaf or cooked noodles. Makes 4 servings.