A free heart health event called Living for Zachary HeartBeats Health Fair comes to Plano in less than a month. Be sure to not miss out!
Zachary Troy Schrah lived every day of his short life as if it were his last. This seemingly healthy 16-year-old, collapsed during a high school football practice in Plano on April 2, 2009. No warning signs existed. The Schrah family later learned that Zac had died from a congenital heart disease call hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM), which is a common cause of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) in young people.
After Zac’s death, a group of moms including his own researched SCA and were shocked to learn that nationwide 10,000 young people die from it each year. That is 28 youth a day!
Thus, Living for Zachary, was created. A nonprofit organization established to raise awareness of undiagnosed heart issues in youth.
The free HeartBeats Health Fair includes services and knowledge to the general public about their heart health, such as:
- Heart screenings (ages 12-22) – echocardiogram, electrocardiogram and blood pressure check. To reserve space call 469.814.3565, option 4. Space is limited.
- Health test to determine health numbers
- Medical advice from board nationally recognized physicians
- Drawings for those who complete “Health Test Road Map”
- Booths hosted by world-renowned medical manufacturers and wellness companies
- CPR and AED awareness demonstrations
- Heart healthy cooking presentation and tasting
- Food and drinks
Don’t forget to add this important event to you calendar!
HEARTBEATS HEALTH FAIR
When: Thursday, February 4, 5–9 p.m.
Where: Children’s Health aka Children’s Medical Center Plano, Ambulatory Care Pavilion, 7601 Preston Rd., Plano, Texas