JOIN THE MOVEMENT
19th annual Women in Business Summit
1-1 Speed Networking
This is a fast, easy weeknight meal. It is adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, One Pot, by Carrolyn Carreno.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1½ lbs. total)
- salt, freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, leaves stripped from stems & torn into large pieces
- 2 cups marinara sauce, home or purchased, warmed
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese, ¼-inch thick slices
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- egg noodles or other pasta, cooked al dente, tossed with olive oil or butter & chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Makes 4 servings.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper. In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 7 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the kale to the fry pan and saute over medium-high heat until wilted, about 1 minute. Put the kale in a baking dish, top with the chicken, and pour the marinara sauce evenly over the chicken. Place 2 mozzarella slices on each chicken breast. Sprinkle evenly with Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Bake until cheese is golden and chicken is opaque throughout, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately, if desired, with cooked egg noodles or pasta.