JOIN THE MOVEMENT
19th annual Women in Business Summit
1-1 Speed Networking
The trick to perfect stir-frying is to cook using small amounts of food or in batches. It’s best not to overcrowd the wok with too many ingredients at once. Feel free to add whatever kind of healthy vegetables you like to this dish.
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced ginger root
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 2 stalks celery, sliced diagonally
- 2 large green onions, thinly sliced on a sharp diagonal
- 1 head bok choy, thinly sliced, green leaf tops only
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Makes 4 servings.
- Heat an electric wok or a heavy wok skillet over high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom and sides of the wok. Add the ginger and garlic, and sauté 20 seconds.
- Add the bell pepper and celery, and saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add the green onions and bok choy, and sauté until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Drizzle in the sesame oil. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds (if desired) and serve immediately.
- If desired, serve with Cedar Plank Salmon or some other protein.
Per serving: Calories 78 (from fat 45); Fat 5g (saturated 1g); Chol. 1mg.; Sodium 155mg; Carbs. 8g; Protein 4g; Potassium 672mg.