Heralded as one of the world’s healthiest foods, isn’t it about time you gave kale a try? Taste this amazing kale salad and it’ll surely become a favorite! Healthy and delicious—what’s not to love!?
- 2 bunches Lacinato kale (dino), stalks removed & discarded
- kosher salt
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ block halloumi cheese, cut into ¼-inch slivers
- ½ cup fresh pomegranate seeds (dried cherries or cranberries can be substituted)
- ½ cup nuts (toasted slivered almonds or shelled pistachios work well)
- Thinly slice the kale leaves. In a large bowl, add the kale, a drizzle of oil and a little kosher salt. Massage until the kale starts to soften and wilt, 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk together 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.
- In a heated nonstick frying pan, add the cheese slivers and fry until golden brown. (Note: Halloumi cheese has a high melting point and lends itself well to frying or grilling.) Set aside.
- To assemble the salad, pour dressing over the kale. Add the cheese, pomegranate seeds, and nuts (reserving some seeds and nuts for garnish). Toss, put into a serving bowl, then garnish with a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds and nuts. Makes 2 servings.
Source: Jennifer Schmal. This is her favorite kale salad. Note that amounts are approximate, and you can add more or less of each item to your taste.