This type of cranberry vinegar is particularly good on field greens or arugula with little or no olive oil. The sweetness offsets the bitterness of the greens.
- 6 cups red wine vinegar
- 2 pkgs. fresh cranberries
- 1 small container honey
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon or allspice, or to taste
- 1 pkg. fresh cranberries (for garnish)
- Combine everything in a pan. Cover, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until berries just begin to burst. Remove and let stand until cooled. Strain and set aside the liquid, discarding the berries.
- Put some fresh uncooked cranberries into each sterilized bottle or jar, then pour in vinegar. Cap or cork. Let stand a few days before using.
Should keep at room temperature for 4 months.