This delicious salad recipe was adapted from a recipe of Susan Shonk of Plano. Susan makes the vinaigrette with pear infused balsamic vinegar, but I also like it with my Homemade Cranberry Vinegar.
- ¼ cup cranberry vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- pinch salt, pepper
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups baby field greens lettuce mix
- 1 cup chopped praline pecans (or chopped sugared walnuts can be substituted)
- 2 ripe red pears cored, sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 8 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
Makes 4 servings.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. While still whisking, drizzle in olive oil in a steady stream until dressing is combined.
- For the salad, place 2 cups of field greens on each of four salad plates.
- Top with slices of pear, chopped pecans, cranberries, goat cheese, and a light drizzle of salad dressing.