You may want to substitute white flour tortillas for whole wheat and use grilled chicken tenders for the wraps.
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp. pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- 1½ tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
- 4 oz. (about 1 cup) shredded rotisserie chicken breast (skin & bones removed)
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 6 tbsp. plain hummus
- 1 small jar roasted red peppers, drained then julienned (optional)
- 6 (8-inch) whole wheat or white soft flour tortillas
- Place tomatoes, olives, feta, juice, oregano, oil, pepper, chicken and cucumber in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Spread 1 tablespoon of hummus over 1 side of each tortilla. Top each with about ½ cup chicken mixture. Top with roasted red peppers, if desired. Roll up wraps, cut in half to serve and for ease of eating.
- Serve with a side salad or your favorite pasta salad, like Israeli Couscous Salad with Vegetables.
Makes 6 full wraps (each is 1 serving).
This recipe is from Ann Tompkins, who adapted this recipe from “Cooking Light” magazine.