This infused softened butter is great atop freshly grilled steaks or chicken, as well as spread on cooked vegetables or artisan bread.
The following recipe makes about 1 cup.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery leaves, packed down
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage, or 1⁄4 tsp. crushed dried
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, or 1⁄4 tsp. crushed dried
- 1⁄3 cup chopped parsley, packed down
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onions, including tops cut in 1-inch lengths
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh marjoram, or 1⁄4 tsp. crushed dried
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
- Blend or process butter with the remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Roll it into a cylinder shape in plastic wrap and freeze.
- Cut into disks as needed.
Seasoned butter may be stored in refrigerator for several weeks.
This recipe brought to you by Mary Nell Jackson, of Plano, published in The Herb Scene Cookbook, A Collection of Recipes by Heritage Herb Club of Plano.