Warning: This is a refreshing drink that can sneak up on you, so proceed with caution…
- 2½ cups seedless watermelon, rind removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces tequila (hopefully an aged tequila)
- 2 ounces Cointreau or Triple Sec liqueur
- 1 cup crushed ice
Makes 4-6 servings.
- Place the cut watermelon on a cooking sheet and place in freezer. Freeze until solid, remove, and place in a plastic bag. Keep in freezer until ready to mix the drink.
- Place all the ingredients in your food processor or blender. Purée until smooth.
- Pour into prepared glasses rimmed with either salt or sugar.
- Garnish with a watermelon wedge or lime slices, if desired.
Source: Adapted from food.com By Bergy, August 2002.