Last weekend, the Dallas North Tollway (DNT) was shut down for over 48 hours for bridge demolition at Tennyson Parkway. Crews now need to rebuild this bridge and continue work on the fourth lanes being added to DNT, therefore, another full closure is necessary.
Full closure allows for quicker completion of the project, and in turn, is more beneficial to DNT commuters.
Beginning Friday, June 17, at 9 p.m. crews will begin closing the main lanes, and by 11 p.m. the DNT will be closed in both directions. The following areas will remain closed through 5 a.m. Monday, June 20:
• All northbound lanes of the DNT from the Spring Creek Parkway exit to the Headquarters Drive entrance ramp
• All southbound lanes of the DNT from Gaylord Parkway to the Spring Creek Parkway entrance ramp
• The east- and westbound direct-connector ramps from the SRT to southbound DNT
• The northbound DNT direct-connector ramp to east- and westbound SRT
• The northbound entrance ramp from Spring Creek Parkway • The northbound exit ramps at Legacy and Headquarters Drive
• The southbound entrance ramps from Gaylord Parkway, SH 121 and Legacy Drive
• The southbound exit ramps to Legacy Drive and Spring Creek Parkway
Police officers will be stationed to assist with traffic control. For your safety and the crew member’s safety, please do not try to drive around barriers to access DNT.
Tennyson Parkway will remain open to traffic. The bridge structures are separated; as work occurs to rebuild the northern bridge, the southern bridge will remain open and operational.
See the closure map above to get around DNT this weekend.