Is there anything more delicious than freshly picked Texas peaches? Why yes there is… How about grilled Texas peaches dished up with vanilla ice cream and salted caramel sauce!? Yum!
- 4 peaches, halved, pitted
- ⅛ cup corn oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup prepared salted caramel sauce
- favorite vanilla ice cream
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans, toasted
Makes 4-6 servings.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Brush cut halves of peaches with corn oil and place face down on the grill. Brush the outside (skin side) of the peaches with corn oil, while the other side cooks. Grill for about 3 minutes, or until peaches are just beginning to develop grill marks.
- Using tongs, carefully flip the peaches. Sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the cut side and grill for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove peaches from grill and cool slightly.
- Place one or two peach halves in an individual serving dish. Top with vanilla ice cream, salted caramel sauce, and toasted pecans.
(Source: letsdishrecipes.com. Grilled fruit makes wonderful toppings for ice cream sundaes.)