This recipe can be a vegetarian entrée served with rice, a vegetable side dish, or you can add some kind of protein like shrimp or chicken to make it a main course meal.
- 1 tablespoon white wine or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 small garlic cloves, smashed
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups asparagus, thinly sliced
- 1 cup parsnips, thinly sliced
- ¾ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, strings removed
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Makes 4 servings.
- In a small cup, combine the wine and soy sauce. Heat a 14-inch, flat-bottomed wok over high heat until a bead of water vaporizes within 1 to 2 seconds of contact. Swirl in the oil, add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and stir-fry for 10 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the asparagus and parsnips, sprinkle on salt and pepper, and stir-fry for 1 minute, until the asparagus is bright green.
- Add the peas and tomatoes, swirl the prepared wine mixture into the wok, add the scallions, and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat, sprinkle on cheese, and stir until cheese begins to melt.
(Source: Grace Young, food52.com.)