Who doesn’t love a delicious quiche? This quiche, which has a hash brown crust, is perfect for potato lovers and anyone who is gluten-free! Let’s dig in!
This quiche can be prepared ahead and reheated for serving. Also may be baked, cooled, then frozen. To serve, thaw and reheat in the oven on low. Note: the depth of pie or quiche dishes can vary, so you may use all or only part of the potatoes and filling.
- 1 pkg. Simply Potatoes shredded hash browns (available in dairy section)
- softened butter
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ½ cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 pkg. sandwich ham, cut into small squares, or a half package of diced ham
- 1 (4-oz.) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1½ cups diced bell peppers (any color)
Makes 6 servings.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a 9-inch pie or quiche dish. Press as many hash browns as needed into the dish to form a crust. Brush with melted butter. Bake for 25–35 minutes until lightly browned.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, and seasoned salt.
- Remove crust from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the cheeses, ham, and chiles evenly over the crust.
- Pour in the egg mixture, then sprinkle with the diced bell peppers.
- Return to the oven to bake for 30–40 minutes, until browned and set. (Watch to make sure it doesn’t get too browned.)
- Let cool a few minutes, then cut into slices.