When done right tuna is a delight! Give this delicious recipe a try, you’ll be surprised by the unique and delicious flavor of the Japanese-style pickled vegetables!
- 1lb Fresh Yellow Fin Tuna (sold at Sea Breeze Fish Market & Grill)
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- ½ cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ cup black Sesame Seeds
- ½ cup white Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 cup Carrot Julienned
- 1 cup Jicama Julienned
- 1 cup cucumber Julienned
- 1 Jalapeno seeded and Julienned
- In a pot add rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, fish sauce and brown sugar, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add carrots, Jicama, cucumber and jalapeno, let stand while you prepare the Tuna.
- Coat Tuna steaks with Sesame oil, in a mixing bowl add sesame seeds and coat all sides of the tuna.
- On a high heat with a hot pan add EVOO and sauté 1-2 minutes a side.
- Garnish with the vegetables and Enjoy!!