Soup. It’s just what the doctor ordered for when you’re feeling under the weather or just as a quick and easy dinner on a cold winter day. Try this quick and easy Chicken & Tortellini Soup recipe, and you’ll have a new dish to add to your arsenal of winter warmers!
- 4 carrots, peeled, cut into bite-size pieces
- 5-8 cups low-sodium chicken broth (depending on how much broth you want)
- 8 oz. cheese tortellini, fresh or frozen
- 1½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, basil, or cilantro (or to taste)
- shaved parmesan (optional)
Makes 4 servings.
- In a large saucepan, simmer the carrots in the broth until just tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Add the tortellini and simmer until tender, 2-4 minutes. (Do not boil, or pasta may come apart.)
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 1-2 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper, and finish with a sprinkle of herbs.
- If desired, serve with freshly shaved parmesan for topping each serving.
Source: This recipe has been adapted from Real Simple by Barbara Walch. The recipe calls for seasoning with chopped parsley, but you can also make it with chopped basil or cilantro.