Salmon. It’s delicious and nutritious. Try this delicious recipe and you’ll fall in love with this healthy fish all over again!
This dish can also be prepared using a cedar plank designed for oven use only, which are available at Sur La Table or online.
- 2-4 untreated cedar grilling planks, depending on size
- ½ Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried tarragon
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- 4 (4-oz.) salmon fillets (option: skin removed)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- lemon wedges, for garnish
Makes 4 servings.
- Soak the cedar grilling planks in water for 1-4 hours, or according to the manufacturer’s directions. Note that you may be able to place two or more pieces of salmon on one board; adjust the number of boards used as needed.
- Combine the paprika, brown sugar, pepper, garlic powder, tarragon, lemon zest, and basil in a small bowl. Sprinkle and rub about 2 teaspoons of the herb mix onto each salmon fillet. Cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat a grill to the med.-high setting. Drain the grilling planks, spray them lightly with olive oil cooking spray if the salmon is skinned, and arrange the salmon on top. Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil on top of each salmon fillet.
- Place the planks on the preheated grill, cover, and cook for 10-15 minutes for 1-inch thickness, or until the fish flakes easily and is uniformly pink in the center. (Add 10 minutes in cooking time for each additional inch of thickness.)
- Serve the salmon with lemon wedges.
Per serving: Calories 284 (from fat 180); Fat 20g (saturated 4g); Chol. 62mg.; Sodium 68mg; Carbs. 2g; Protein 24g.
Source: DASH Diet for Dummies, A Wiley Brand, by Dr. Sarah Samaan, Rosanne Rust, and Cindy Kleckner.