JOIN THE MOVEMENT
19th annual Women in Business Summit
1-1 Speed Networking
Sometimes there’s nothing more comforting than warm cornbread dressing! You’re going to love this recipe—it’s both easy and delicious!
P.S. For anyone reading this who is not familiar with “Cornbread Dressing”, it’s also referred to as Cornbread Casserole and is similar to traditional stuffing. Anyway it’s really good—so give it a try! Thanksgiving in Texas wouldn’t be the same without it!
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup diced or shredded carrots
- 3-4 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 cup diced bell peppers, multi color
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 (7-oz.) pkg. Pepperidge Farm Cubed Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- 1-2 cups chicken, turkey, or vegetable stock
- chopped fresh thyme and/or rosemary, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large pot, gently saute the onion, carrots, and celery (and bell peppers, if using) in melted butter until the onions are translucent. Stir in the thyme, rosemary, and pepper. Add the cornbread and cubed herb stuffing. Moisten with 1 cup of stock. If it seems too dry, add a little more stock until nicely moistened.
- Pour into a shallow baking dish and bake for 30 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned on top.
Source: Jean Newman. She has also been known to add chopped walnuts and apples to her dressing, and says that mushrooms would be a fine addition as well.