- 1 (2-lb.) boneless pork loin, trimmed
- 3–4 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 tsp. dried coarse salt, freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- fresh rosemary sprigs (optional), for garnish
- Fruited Rice (click here for recipe)
Makes 6 servings.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Press the garlic cloves through a garlic press. Mix with the rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Rub the meat with the olive oil, then rub garlic mixture all over the pork.
- Place the roast in a roasting pan, fat side down.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then turn roast fat side up.
- Roast another 25–30 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 155°.
- Remove from roasting pan to a platter or cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest 10 minutes.
- Heat the wine in the roasting pan, stirring to loosen any browned bits on the bottom.
- Cut pork crosswise into ¼-inch thick slices.
- Arrange pork on a platter and pour pan juices over.
- Garnish with additional rosemary sprigs, if desired.
- Serve with fruited rice.