Recipe by the West Creek Supper Club. These easy treats can be made 2 or 3 days ahead and kept frozen until ready to serve.
Makes 10 servings.
- 1 (16.5-oz.) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 pints banana ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 ripe bananas, thinly sliced
- 1 (11.5-oz.) pkg. bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups loose granola or English toffee bits (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut cookie dough into 20 equal sized rounds. Arrange rounds on 2 baking sheets, leaving room in between each round. Using fingers, press each into a 2½-inch round. Bake until golden, about 11 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with foil and place in freezer. Place 1 cookie, flat side up, on your work surface. Top with 1/3 cup of ice cream, spread almost to the edge. Top with a single layer of cut bananas. Sandwich with another
cook and press gently. Place on the baking sheet in the freezer.
- Repeat process with remaining cookies. Freeze for at least 2 hours. Using a knife, smooth the sides of the sandwiches. Freeze another hour.
- Place chocolate chips and oil in a small glass bowl. Microwave on med.-high until chocolate is melted, about 1½ minutes, stopping to stir in between. Cool for 10 minutes. Place granola or toffee on a plate. Dip sandwiches halfway into the melted chocolate and quickly shake excess chocolate back into bowl. Roll dipped edge into the granola or toffee. Return sandwiches to the freezer. Freeze for at least 2 hours.