Recipe by the West Creek Supper Club. These easy treats can be made 2 or 3 days ahead and kept frozen until ready to serve.
- 1 (16.5-oz.) refrigerated chocolate chip cookiedough
- 2 pints banana ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 ripe bananas, thinly sliced
- 1 (11.5-oz.) pkg. bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups loose granola or English toffee bits(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut cookie dough into20 equal sized rounds. Arrange rounds on 2baking sheets, leaving room in between eachround. Using fingers, press each into a 2½-inchround. Bake until golden, about 11 minutes.Transfer to a rack and cool.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with foil and place infreezer. Place 1 cookie, flat side up, on yourwork surface. Top with 1/3 cup of ice cream,spread almost to the edge. Top with a singlelayer of cut bananas. Sandwich with another
cook and press gently. Place on the bakingsheet in the freezer.
- Repeat process with remaining cookies.Freeze for at least 2 hours. Using a knife,smooth the sides of the sandwiches. Freezeanother hour.
- Place chocolate chips and oil in a small glassbowl. Microwave on med.-high until chocolateis melted, about 1½ minutes, stopping to stir inbetween. Cool for 10 minutes. Place granola ortoffee on a plate. Dip sandwiches halfway intothe melted chocolate and quickly shake excesschocolate back into bowl. Roll dipped edge intothe granola or toffee. Return sandwiches to thefreezer. Freeze for at least 2 hours.